Monday, February 20, 2012

Week 2

Week two and things are going well.  My classes are great, although this proves yet again that I could never ever be a teacher for life.  A bunch of girls came out to learn how to play soccer on Thursday. It was a great turn out but the actual practice was madness. I'm not sure we can actually call it "playing soccer" but I do think they had a lot of fun.  We couldn't get a lot accomplished because the boys were way to intrigued and wanted to be a part of everything. They finally convinced us to play boys vs. girls, which was even more madness and consisted  of a lot more screaming then soccer.
      On Saturday I got to go to the beach which was absolutely beautiful.  I finally got to work on my tan and try the local club beer. After the beach I went to the super market to buy groceries for the next couple weeks and they had much more than I expected. I even found shells and cheese and today I made a PP&J sandwich for lunch. It's amazing how a good PP&J never fails.

2 comments:

  1. Shells and cheese!! Yay! Also, it's pretty awesome that you have in writing your mom telling you she's "glad you have that tattoo." Never delete this thing. :) Haha! (Sorry I'm a bit behind on the blog reading) Miss you tons and I'm really glad you're having such an awesome time! Do you have Skype? If so, let's make a date!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Rays shirt looks good on the Liberian coast. Glad to hear the update! Hope the beer was cold! KOKO.

    ReplyDelete